Trifectiv Plus Wound & Burn Care spray is ideal to treat burns, wounds, bites, scrapes, skin infections and other trauma to the skin. The active ingredient is our medical-grade HOCl (hypochlorous acid) immune solution, 380 mg/l.
The three main functions of Trifectiv Plus Wound & Burn Care are disinfection of bacteria/fungi/viruses, the destruction of biofilm, and a reduction in inflammation.
The product ensures better, faster wound healing with a much lower risk of infection and a marked improvement in pain and odour in chronic non-healing wounds.
Should you require further information or advice on specific wounds please email us.
Note: this is a robust formula designed for use on wounds and open sores where there is normally dirt and other organic matter like blood. It is not recommended for general use on the face. For fever blisters, pink eye, acne, rosacea and other inflammatory conditions on the face we recommend our GF2 formulations instead. These cosmetic products will also tackle inflammageing and reverse other environmental damage with regular, daily use.
Items you WILL need
Other items you MAY need
Depending on the type and severity of the wound, burn or skin condition you are treating, you need some or all of the following items:
* Please also see the information for specific conditions listed further down.
- A few sheets of clean non-sterile gauze swabs (75x75mm or 100x100mm) depending on the size of the wound.
- One sheet of non-medicated paraffin gauze (Jelonet) or a fenestrated silicon gauze sheet.
- A crepe bandage (width 50mm, 75mm, 100mm or 150mm), again this depends on the size of the wound.
- A conformable adhesive dressing consisting of a breathable non-woven top layer and a low-adherent absorbent pad - something like a Primapore dressing. Please don't use silver-impregnated or waterproof dressings.
- A compression stocking.
- A bath sponge (not a loofah or abrasive scrunchie type).
- A pH neutral bubble bath solution.
- Gently remove any debris or dirt that might be present in the wound.
- Thoroughly spray the affected area, including the interior of the wound and allow this to dry naturally. Please do not rub the solution into the skin.
- Continue to spray the wound with the Trifectiv Plus Wound & Burn Care 3 to 4 times a day.
- If necessary, you may cover the wound with a breathable dressing.
For optimal healing, it is recommended that any visible necrotic tissue, biofilm, and foreign material is removed before you start treatment with Trifectiv Plus Wound & Burn Care. A wound sister, doctor or PNP can assist with this.
Chronic wounds and contaminated wounds should be cleaned before Trifectiv Plus Wound & Burn Care is applied.
- Wash the wound in lukewarm water and lightly sponge with a non-medicated liquid cleanser like a pH neutral bubble bath using a regular bath sponge.
- Rinse thoroughly to ensure that no cleanser remains on the wound.
- Pat the wound dry with a clean towel.
- Once the wound has been washed, no further cleaning of the wound is necessary. Do not clean the wound with saline, chlorhexidine, iodine, Savlon, Dettol or any other disinfectant.
DRESSING THE WOUND
Spray gauze with Trifectiv Plus Wound & Burn Care and apply this wet gauze onto the wound, ensuring contact to ALL parts of the wound. Probe potential fistulas or hidden cavities and plug these with the wet gauze dressing. Always ensure that part of every gauze swab is reachable and visible from outside the wound to avoid leaving swabs inside any cavities.
A dressing is required as long as there is active discharge from the wound (blood, pus, serum etc) – a leaking wound is not sealed and therefore susceptible to infection. Once the discharge has stopped completely you can leave the wound uncovered / undressed and spray as often as required – at least once an hour initially.
SECURING THE DRESSING
Please use a crepe bandage or non-occlusive (breathable) plaster, for example, Primapore, to secure the gauze dressing. Please do not use silver-impregnated or waterproof dressings.
ABOUT PARAFFIN GAUZE
A single layer of paraffin gauze should be applied ONLY if all necrotic material (dead tissue, dead biofilm, foreign bodies) has been removed through wet-to-dry debridement. It is also recommended to apply a layer of paraffin gauze before applying the gauze wet with Trifectiv Plus Wound & Burn Care onto burns, especially pediatric burns.
ABOUT LOWER LEG WOUNDS
Apply a compression stocking or similar device to assist with lower leg swelling.
WHEN NOT TO USE TRIFECTIV PLUS
Expect diminished efficacy in the presence of cortisone and anti-inflammatory gel.
It is strongly recommended that you exercise regularly if you can. Exercise helps to boost blood circulation throughout the body, which in turn assists wounds and burns to heal. A simple walk is normally enough.
Trifectiv Plus Wound and Burn care is a pain-free application. However, if you experience a burning sensation when Trifectiv Plus Wound & Burn Care is applied, it is usually due to a chemical reaction between Trifectiv and other products that may still be present in the wound (previous antiseptics and dressing substances). It is advisable to wash wounds before the first Trifectiv Plus Wound & Burn dressing is applied.
If the wound or burn does show signs of improvement, or if it worsens in any way, please seek medical advice, or email us.
Do not mix Trifectiv Plus Wound & Burn care into or with any other products or chemicals.
Do not decant Trifectiv Plus Wound & Burn care into other containers.
Discard any unused product 12 months after opening or if expired.